AR-15 Fundamentals & Cleaning
1005 Cobb Place Blvd NW Kennesaw GA 30144
So you’ve got an AR,
It’s time to learn how to use it & clean it!
If you are new to the world’s most versatile weapons platform then this class is for you! This Introduction to the AR-15 class is for the novice shooter, owner, or potential buyer of an AR-15 type rifle to become familiar in the operation of the weapon system. Exercises will include basic shooting fundamentals, loading and reloading, malfunction clearance and how to safely & properly field strip (disassemble), clean and reassemble your AR-15.
In this hands-on class, students will learn the following:
- Demonstrate the proper grip and shooting stance
- Demonstrate how to properly load, and then clear and make safe the AR -15.
- Correctly, zero their own weapon system.
- Properly explain the effects of the path of their bullet now with their chosen zero.
- Completely breakdown, clean, lubricate and reassemble their AR-15, to include function testing. course is now a LIVE FIRE COURSE. The 100 rounds will be used for physical sighting and or confirmation of your actual zero.
- Field Stripping of firearm
- Terminology of the 3 basic parts of their AR-15
- Familiarity & purpose of cleaning solvents & lubrications
- List of additional items needed in the correct cleaning of the rifle
- Application of solvents & lubrications
- Proper reassembly of gun
- Safe function testing of firearm
AR 15 style weapon system, eyes, ears, at least 2 magazines and 100 rounds ammunition. (Note: These materials will be available for rent at the Governors Gun Club Range.)
Your gun’s owner’s manual (this is mandatory!),Latex gloves (if you chose),A wire or bristle cleaning brush and An old (but clean) cloth or rag.
Topics Covered: No experience needed. This class is for the novice shooter, owner, or potential buyer of an AR-15 type rifle to become familiar in the operation of the weapon system. Exercises will include basic shooting fundamentals, field stripping, cleaning, loading and reloading, and malfunction clearance.
ONLY 5 SPOTS AVAILABLE.
Instructor: Jordan Monroe
Jordan Monroe is a 6 year Marine Corps Veteran. As an Infantryman he served one deployment to Afghanistan, one deployment to Japan and another deployment on ship. He enjoys shooting all types of guns including handguns and rifles. He is a 4 times rifle expert qualification in the USMC and 1 time sharpshooter in pistol qualification. He enjoys teaching handgun and rifle fundamentals to newer and less experienced shooters.
Due to ammunition shortage all over the current market, we encourage you to bring your own ammunition to class to ensure participation in class.
By registering for this class, you are acknowledging that you are at least 18 years old and not legally prohibited from operating, possessing, transferring, or owning a firearm in the State of Georgia, as regulated by federal, state, and local laws. False notification or misrepresentation to legally possess firearms in the State of Georgia will result in student’s immediate removal from class and forfeiture of all course fees. By registering for this class, you are also hereby expressly assuming the risk of taking part in the course for instruction in firearms, and taking part in the activities, which include, but are not limited to, instruction in the use of firearms, the discharge of firearms, and the firing of live ammunition.
Please allow 15 minutes PRIOR to class start time to finalize check-in and admin processing