PURPOSE: This five-hour course will be conducted in the classroom and on the range & is set up to increase confidence and competence of Intermediate Handgun skills in preparation for Advanced Handgun.
REQUIREMENTS: Students MUST have taken the Governors Gun Club Intermediate Handgun course and participated in the Intermediate Skills & Drills before participating in this course.
CLASS SIZE: This class will be limited to a maximum of 6 students in order to ensure personalized attention as well as maintain safety.
In this hands-on class, students will work on the following:
- Reinforce Fundamentals
- Revisit clearing of malfunctions
- Learn and practice magazine reloads from a magazine pouch
- Advanced drills to introduce stress and pressure
- ALL SAFETY PROCEDURES WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED
MATERIALS TO BRING TO CLASS:
- One firearm, unloaded & cased
- Owner’s manual for your firearm
- Safety glasses & ear protection (will be provided if you don’t have them)
- Dummy rounds/snap caps (minimum of 10)
- Minimum of 2 magazine pouches
- Minimum of 3 magazines (empty)
- 100 rounds of live ammo
*All drills should include a focus on the fundamentals, trigger prep & trigger reset,
in addition to the new skills being learned.
By registering for this class, you are acknowledging that you are at least 18 years old and not legally prohibited from operating, possessing, transferring, or owning a firearm in the State of Georgia, as regulated by federal, state, and local laws. False notification or misrepresentation to legally possess firearms in the State of Georgia will result in student’s immediate removal from class and forfeiture of all course fees. By registering for this class, you are also hereby expressly assuming the risk of taking part in the course for instruction in firearms, and taking part in the activities, which include, but are not limited to, instruction in the use of firearms, the discharge of firearms, and the firing of live ammunition.
Please allow 15 minutes PRIOR to class start time to finalize check-in and admin processing
Cancellation and Refund Policy