AR-15 -Intro & Basics
This is a 6-hour basic course that includes classroom discussion, range time and a meal!
In this class, students will learn firearm safety, the responsibilities of a firearm owner and the fundamentals of shooting of an AR-15. These students will also learn how AR-15s operate so that they will be educated enough to help them find which AR-15 is most suitable for their needs. There will also be a basic overview of ammunition, the internal functions of the AR-15 and ammunition selection. They will also be given an understanding of common malfunctions and taught the skills to help them work through the different malfunctions with their AR-15s.
Discussion on accessory recommendations for the AR-15 will be reviewed to ensure the student has the right setup for their defensive needs.
Required Course Materials
- AR-15 platform rifle or pistol (Rentals available)
- Rifle and Pistol caliber carbines are acceptable, up to .223/5.56mm
- 100 rounds of ammunition
- NO steel core or AP ammo allowed
- Minimum of 2 magazines
- Hearing and eye protection
- Minimum of 5 dummy rounds
- Wear comfortable clothing, closed-toed shoes & no low-cut shirts
- Bring note taking material